It’s definitely game time for me.
The next few weeks will be filled with savory foods and delectable desserts.
So I have formulated my game plan and will put it into action.
I have set up some Holiday Eating Rules!
- Arm alarm-If there is food within arms length I will walk away. If it is within reach I will eat!
- Don’t Budge for Fudge. At work there’s always one person that brings that cookie tin in with the wax paper. It’s fudge time! This girl won’t budge for the fudge!
- Cookie Hooky – Instead of being the first one to the cookie platter I think I will be late! Also I’ll try to avoid it! But I’ll make sure to try a couple!
- Healthy Snack Attack – I’ll follow the fruit and vegetable route.
- One and done! One plate and that’s it!
- Halt the salt! Salty snacks like chips or peperoni will not be part of my list. Instead I will go for the fresh options!
- Strip the dip. Everything is better with dip but it adds so much calories, fat and salt. Moderation is best.
- Think and drink! This is on 2 levels. The things you drink like punch or alcohol add into your caloric intake! But most importantly I need to be sober to be a responsible adult!
These are a couple of things I think that will help me eat healthier but still be able to enjoy the season!