I have to be honest my quest to get healthy is a work in progress.
It seems as though every day I have a talk with myself and point out things I can do better. Instead of getting discouraged all the time like in the past my mind starts to look at different ways I can get to my goals.
It’s important when you are changing that you find ways to make it real and relevant.
I understand I have done well but there’s also the premise that it will get harder as you go along! I totally believe in this concept because I have been there before in my life.
In my life there have been great weight loss successes but also periods where I packed the pounds right back on.
My thoughts are to think of it as a work in progress. When we allow ourselves this type of insight it makes it easier to see things which need to be modified or changes. I think it also makes you more accountable for your health.
So here is my list of things I can do better:
- Stop cheating so much. I sneak a couple of bites all the time. I try to clear the table faster or pack the food away before I have a chance to pick at it!
- Water intake is essential! I have been bringing water with me wherever I go! I keep seeing the number 64 and I tally the amount of water I have had for the day!
- Eating less salt! It’s seems like once in awhile I will go crazy with a salty snack! Fresh is best and to try and stay away from canned goods. I look at labels on food to see the salt content!
- Practice damage control with my mood swings. I have a bad day and the first thing I do is open the refrigerator. It’s been a habit my entire life. It’s funny but I try and talk myself out of it. I hear the words “Are you really hungry or is it because you are in a bad mood!”
- Relaxation techniques. In taking the time to relax it gives you a better frame of mind and decision making abilities. In fact one of the biggest things is that I need to take my time to relax so I can pay better attention to my needs.
- Adding more aerobic exercise. Like Emeril says I need to kick it up a notch! This may mean taking different exercise classes or bigger challenges.
- Toning exercises. This is something I have not worked on but it will be a goal especially since summer is on its way!
- Accepting compliments. I have been terrible at this! People have showered me with such praise and I choose to make an offhand remark about me. I try to downplay my success. Why? It’s hard to accept praise when you have felt so bad about yourself for so long. It’s not something I am accustomed to. I want people to share in my success and excitement. If I choose to be so close minded I will never be able to help anyone else. So I will say thank you!!